Friday, March 30, 2007

water, water everywhere

My friend, Claire, and I are planning to do a detox after Easter. Last night, we decided to ease into the whole thing by immediately cutting out soft drinks. Claire likes the regular stuff and I am absolutely addicted to diet drinks. It's sad how much aspartame I drink everyday. So, today marked the first day of our "Mission H2O". I drank a whole Nalgene full of water today at school and one when I got home. Yea!!! This is a small victory, but it's kind of a big deal when your students ask where your diet soda is. Like I said...I was addicted to the point that my typically oblivious 8th graders noticed the absence of an aluminum can on my desk.

I am so excited to do this with Claire. She is one of my favorite new friends and I am glad we have each other to keep accountable.

So... here's a tribute to 3 of my 4 Nalgene bottles that are now my best friends....


2 comments:

Claire Walker said...

Oh I am oh so proud of you! You can do this...we can do this! We just have to think about how great we are going to feel after the cravings have subsided. I'm excited to be doing this with you!

michelle said...

No more Diet drop?!