Wednesday, July 15, 2009

most boring blog post in history

I am fairly certain that no one will read this all the way through, but I am just writing to make myself feel better.
Summer has been pretty good so far...nothing super-exciting going on. That's allright, though. Things are picking up this weekend with a trip to New Braunfels!! I can't wait (: But, before I get to go have fun, I have a potentially big day ahead of my tomorrow. I noticed some movement in the brick outside my kitchen window last week, so I am having an engineer from the foundation company come out tomorrow morning for a look. Hopefully, it will not be bad news, as foundation repairs are not cheap. Maybe I'll just need mortar for the crack. Then tomorrow afternoon, I have a dentist appointment. I just went in March, but I am on a "special" plan where I have to go 3 times a year b/c my gums have receded a little bit--nice, huh? I think I have a cavity on one of my molars, but maybe it's just a stain. However, now I'm worried that I will need a crown or something b/c that tooth has already been filled. Hopefully that won't be the case. I have been flossing twice a day for the past few months and really taking care of my teeth...maybe it will pay off. It's weird to realize that everything gets older and some things just can't be reversed. I don't like that feeling!!!

So, I am hoping for good news from the engineer and from the dentist. Frankly, I don't want to spend any extra money on any of these things. Sometimes it feels like getting ahead is impossible because of life's little surprises.

But I do have New Braunfels AND a dinner date with Melissa and Hillary tomorrow night, so there is something to look forward to. I will try to be back with some happier, more exciting updates very soon!!!

No comments: