Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hillsong is Coming to Dallas!!!

Well, I have written many, many blogs about my love of Hillsong United. The other day, I was trying to remember my first encounter with Joel Houston, er, I mean, Hillsong United. When I was a junior in college, my roommate Mandy convinced me to try out for Music Ministries. I made it, even though I think about just everyone who tried out did. Anyhoo, that year, we wore the tar out of a song called "Everyday". For those of you ORU alums, you know you can testify that we sang this every chapel. Guess that the director, Arlie Whitlow, took the title of this song literally.
I have been to three Hillsong concerts. The last one was a fun little road trip with Michelle to Houston a couple of years ago. Well, guess what?!?!? They are coming to Dallas on August 25th!!! I am sooo pumped about this!!! The last one was so great so I can't wait to see what's in store in August. And, maybe this will be the time I get to meet Joel (see a couple of posts down for a pic) and he will fall madly in love with me. Haha. Then, I can move to Australia and be much closer to my favorite Australian (by way of Cali), Rebekah :) If you would like to go, let me know...tickets are on sale July 10th!!

2 comments:

The Aussie Mommy said...

you are hilarious and obsessed and i love you.

michelle said...

ohh I"m getting some shout outs! I! I hope you find some people to go to the concert! I dont know if I'll be in Dallas then or not!