Thursday, September 13, 2007

Twenty-eight

Yep. That's my new age. You know, I actually like the way that it sounds.
Twenty-eight sounds like you are mature and responsible, yet not quite to thirty (which doesn't sound all that bad either now that I think about it). I long to be taken seriously at work and as an adult. Too often when I refer to school, people ask me what my major is or where I attend college. Oy!

Anyway, I had the best birthday. Lots of love from friends and family. The festivities will continue through Saturday and I just am so grateful to have people in my life who seemingly care that I was born!

Who knows what this year holds. All I know is that 27 didn't turn out the way I had planned but God did so many things in different areas. I won't lie...I didn't picture my life to look like it does right now. But I know that Jesus loves me and has a plan that is even better than the one I had picked out for myself all those years ago. This is not always an easy truth digest, but I pray that my soul finds rest in Christ alone; that I can be used to achieve His purposes and bring Him glory in this new year.

**************************************************************
And on a semi-relevant note...
I went to a conference with my Mom last week at her church. We sang this song called "Still" by Reuben Morgan and I just can't get enough of it. It's a few years old, but I'm loving the words:

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

2 comments:

Brooke said...

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that song! we used to sing that song at my old church when i was on the praise team there. it was one of my favorites! i think i cried every time we sang it. such powerful words!!

and yep... we are DEFINITELY glad you were born steph!! love ya!!

Claire Walker said...

Yay for another year in the Life of my favorite roommate!