Thursday, January 3, 2008

Faithful

I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
Mark Twain


Christmas break is supposed to be a time of refreshment and rest. While my body got a break from the day-to-day routine of work, my spirit was not at rest. I was eaten up with worry over a situation at school that I would have to deal with upon my return. I played the possible scenarios over and over in my head. I had visions of the worst-possible outcome wrecking my life and career.
Today as I drove to work, I was peaceful. Knowing that I had done everything to the best of my ability was all I had left to lean on.
The funny thing about all the worrying is that I didn't even have to go to this dreaded meeting. It was a scheduling error and another teacher was slotted to take my place. I emailed my mom to update her on the new development and she said, "Never underestimate the power of prayer". How often I pray without little belief that God will really move in a situation. But in this situation, I was reminded that He is faithful to listen to our pleas.

Here is another song that I am loving by Brooke Fraser. Her album is really incredible and I can't get enough.

"Faithful"
There's distance in the air and I cannot make it leave
i wave my arms' round about me and blow with all my might
I cannot sense you close, though I know you're always here
But the comfort of you near is what i long for

When I can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same
When I can't hear you, I know you still hear everyword I pray
And i want you more than i want to live another day
And as I wait for you maybe I'm made more faithful

All the folly of the past, though I know it is undone
i still feel the guilty one, still trying to make it right
So i whisper soft your name, let it roll around my tounge,
knowing you're the only one who knows me
You know me

Show me how I should live this
Show me where I should walk
I count this world as loss to me
You are all I want
You are all I want

No comments: