Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fiesta!!

I know I just posted some recipes, but here are a couple more that are super easy and yummy.
My Mom started making these enchiladas a few years ago and they are always a hit. I made them the other night for a friend, along with this "Killer Queso" recipe that my Aunt Gina gave me recently. The great thing about the enchiladas is that you can make them ahead of time and then just put them in the oven when you're ready. You can even freeze them if you'd like.

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
2-3 large cans, pkgs., or fresh chicken equaling same
8 Oz. cream cheese, softened
1 regular size picante (Pace size) I actually like the Pace Chipotle kind if you can find it, but any will do.
1 lb. Velveeta, cubed and melted
1 or 2 cans mild enchilada sauce
flour tortillas

Mix the cooked chicken with 1/2 bottle picante sauce and the cream cheese. Place some of chicken mixture onto a tortilla and roll it up. Place seam side down into a baking dish. I use a 9 x 13. Usually I end up with about 10 of these enchiladas. Then, melt the Velveeta and add the remaining picante sauce and the enchilada sauce altogether. Pour that mixture over the enchiladas and bake until hot and bubbly (I cover these with foil). Then, bake between 20 - 35 minutes depending on your oven and if they were cold when you started. Try 350 degrees. You can serve as is or garnish with a little grated cheese (let it melt right at the end) and/or some green onions or fresh cilantro or whatever you can think of! You can vary the "heat" by using milder or hotter picante and milder or spicier enchilada sauce.


Killer Queso!!!
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can rotel
4-8 oz. of green chiles
1 tbl minced jalepenos
1 tsp cumin
1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 lb. Velveeta
1/4 cup minced cilantro
4 oz jar of pimentos

Mix everything except Velveeta and cilantro. Heat it until it's bubbly. Add cubed Velveeta and stir in the cilantro. That's it!!!

So maybe someone out there in the blogosphere will try these recipes and enjoy. Let me know if you try them! I would love to do a recipe exchange of some sort and expand my repertoire. I am holding fast to the belief that if I cook it, he will come. haha (:

3 comments:

the hemmelmans said...

So, I was just thinking two days ago, I wish I had a cream cheese enchilada recipe. WAHOO!

Love you friend! Min

melissaj said...

Oh yummmm...I must try this killer queso! I loved seeing you today! Nov...this is our month!!! :)

Anonymous said...

That sounds naughtily yummy!