Thursday, June 18, 2009

called out

Well, Michelle called me out yesterday that I had fallen off of the blog wagon. She's right. I have. The other day when I ran, I had so many different blogs in my head. But, they are just not coming to me naturally. I guess I could blog about my summer plans. Or about how I am now less than three months away from a new decade and how I have a list of things I want to accomplish.

So, because I am not in the full blogging mode, I'll cheat with a random list of thoughts and happenings. Hopefully, I'll be back in action soon with some clever stories or deep reflections on life :)

**Hillsong United has a new album. It's good though not my favorite as of yet. But, i always need time for them to grow on me. And I still want to marry Joel Houston.


**I finally got my Etsy store running. It's www.kiwicloset.etsy.com--a separate post is coming on that!

**My goal is to workout everyday this summer in some way and to try some new classes at Lifetime.

**I want to do something different to my hair but don't have ideas. I'm in a couple of weddings in the next few months so might need to keep it longer for that. But, I really feel like chopping it off a bit. Suggestions are welcome!!

**I need a camera. Anyone have any ideas on a good, inexpensive digital camera?

**I finally have a weed eater so I can stop avoiding my neighbors! Yardwork is not one of my favorite pastimes, but I can't justify paying someone for it.

**I'm excited to see "My Sister's Keeper". My mom just finished the book so I am hoping we can have a little date when it comes out. If you haven't read it, you should. So good!!

**"Saved by the Bell" comes on TBS in the mornings! The other day I caught two classic episodes: The one where Jessie gets hooked on "Uppers" and the one where Mr. Belding's brother comes into town to take over the school trip. Love that show!

**And finally, my little heart is on the mend. What a hard lesson this has all been, but good is coming from it. Maybe I can't see the big picture now, but I will. And I will be glad to look back one day and realize that God's plans are far better and bigger than mine.

Oh, one more thing...
I read Psalm 105 from the Message today and was encouraged particularly by this one verse: "Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works; be alert for signs of his presence." I really like this and hope you do too!


I can't think of anything else right now...but don't give up on me ;)

2 comments:

The Aussie Mommy said...

loves it!

Matt and Emily said...

Okay...these are my comments:

Your hair - is it curly enough to do the short fro that can be worn with really cute headbands and things? Just curious. It would be bold, but soo cute.

Cameras - I just ordered a camera off of Best Buy's outlet. It is a Casio Exilim (which I had before and loved). It was $99 I think b/c it is a pretty terrible shade of red, but who cares.

Your store - I love it!

thanks for your thoughts. I am glad that your heart is on the mend. we've been praying.

lylas