Wednesday, December 26, 2007

best day ever


This is a painting by Thomas Kincade titled, "End of the Perfect Day". If I were an artist, I would take my brush and paint a picture of me on my couch. I would be in my sweats, hair in a ponytail, and I wouldn't have a stitch of makeup on. Oh, and "Gilmore Girls: Season One" would be playing on the tv. This perfectly describes my day and it was glorious. Was it the most productive dayin the history of mankind? Nope. But--I cleaned out my pantry, fridge, did a load of dishes and two loads of laundry. Not too bad. The rest of the day was spent on the couch snuggling with Marco and hanging out with Lorelai and Rory. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for my new box set! Finally, I have learned the art of relaxation and just taking a day to rest. It only took 25+ years but I'm understanding what it means to take a day to do nothing and to like it.

No comments: