Monday, December 24, 2007

on a lighter note

Many of my friends are aware of my enthusiasm for all things Hillsong United. While I've accepted that Joel and I probably aren't going to happen, their music has encouraged and inspired me in my walk with the Lord.
One of my favorite songs on "United We Stand" is called "None But Jesus". On their latest CD,
"All of the Above", I love the songs "Lead me to the Cross", "Hosanna" and "For those who are to come". Amazingly enough, these songs were all penned by a talented Kiwi named Brooke Fraser. She is an incredible songwriter and has a strong, beautiful voice.

Brooke recorded a solo album a year of so ago but it was only available in New Zealand. Well, the other day I was able to finally buy the album on iTunes and I am sooo excited!
"Albertine" was my Myspace profile song for a while so I really like that one. "Shadowfeet" is really good as well, and "Deciphering Me" reminds me of my sweet friend, Rebekah.

So...check her out. You will not be sorry!!

1 comment:

The Aussie Mommy said...

Wow! You've been writing so much lately!!

I just got Brooke's album too! It was here, but let's face it... I wanted to wait for itune. I LOVE IT!! I love Shadowfeet too! :)