Sunday, August 3, 2008

I'm still alive

Ok Rebekah...this one's for you, friend (:

For whatever reason, I have not felt compelled to blog at all over the past few months. Part of me thinks it's incredibly narcissistic to think that anyone cares about my little life. But, my dear little friend, Rebekah, says that this is her 'lifeline'. Boy, have I let her down! This summer, I've had a few fun experiences, learned some new things, and have spent lots of time with family and friends. There is a lot on my heart and in my head, but I'm not quite ready to get back into full blogging mode. So, I like to think of this attempt to re-enter as a baby step. It will be light on substance and photos, but I think the juices might start flowing for future blogs after a while. We shall see...

Here is a list of some things I've done this summer:
--I went on a cruise to New England/Canada with my parents and brother. It was their 30th
anniversary and they wanted to take their kids with them since we're "not married yet". Ha.
It was a good time overall but 7 days is a bit long to be on a ship with hundreds of senior
citizens.

--I have rediscovered my love of reading and it's been so great. This summer I have read: "The
Other Boleyn Girl", "The Last Summer of You and Me", "My Sister's Keeper", "Twilight" (now
I'm working on the 2nd book in the series "New Moon"), "The Nanny Diaries", "The Prince",
and now I'm working on "The Reason for God".

--I have had more of a tan this summer than I have had in years. Love it!

--I love love love sundresses! Seriously, this discovery has been so wonderful and freeing. They are fun and flirty and you don't have to fix your hair to look like you made an effort to look cute--perfect!

--I have been stressed about watering my foundation during all of this heat. Home ownership
has been great until this summer. I also need a new roof due to the storms in March & April.

--I got a new car over Memorial Day Weekend....here is a pic of what it looks like, color and all:














--I have learned that boys will always confuse me. And when I say 'boys', I also mean grown men in their 30's. But, I am also learning to appreciate someone who is brutally honest at where they are at in their life....even if it's not what I always want to hear. More on this in another post (:

--Teachers are some of the rudest people ever. After attending an AP Institute this week, I was surprised at how insanely disrespectful these people were towards our instructor. Granted, he wasn't the most dynamic speaker ever, but the poor guy was trying.

Okay...
Now, I only have two weeks left of summer so here is a short list of things I'd like to accomplish before I go back into the real world:
--Cut out letters and make my own posters for the classroom.
--Get cool fabric for the bulletin boards
--Deep clean my closets
--Figure out how to get the shine back in my marble floors after a spill from the other night
--Work out every day
--Finish "New Moon"
--Lay out one more time
--Pick out my outfits for inservice (the first day of school is easy since we have to wear a faculty
shirt w/jeans...yea!)
--Make a new budget
--Think of ways to simplify
--Write a mission statement for my class
--Pray for my future students and that I can be all that they need me to be this year.

That's all I've got for now...there will hopefully be more to come!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Jehovah Jirah! Or should I say "Stephanie Jirah!!"

melissaj said...

Yea Steph! Back to blogging! If you need someone to lay out with let me know!