Saturday, August 30, 2008

randomness

Well, it's about 11pm on a Saturday night and I'm blogging. Well, actually I'm baking cookies, doing laundry, AND blogging in the meantime. What an exciting twenty-something life I lead. haha. Don't worry--I actually have a date tomorrow so that will be fun (:

Here is just a little run-down of some recently happenings for my two faithful readers, Rebekah and Melissa.

*My Dad's mom, Betty June Turner Shuler, passed away last Saturday. You can read her obituary here. I think it sums up her life pretty well. We are sad for the loss of her here on earth but grateful that she is free from the body that failed her so miserably over the past 8 years or so. Praise God that she is reunited with D.J, but it's still hard to believe that she's gone.

*School has started! I am teaching 6th grade this year. They are funnier than I thought they would be...but also as needed as I DID think that they would be. This year is going to be challenging in a lot of new ways but I think it's going to be great. Here's to Year 7! Wow--seven years. Who would've thought?

*I went to a high school Cross Country meet last night to see some kids run and actually got to see students from 3 and 4 years ago. They have all matured so nicely and it put teaching in perspective. I love seeing them once they've grown up a little. It would have been nice, however, if a couple of them would have been better behaved while they were in my class. Oh well!

*Hooray for Labor Day Weekend! If only every weekend was 3 days long...

*I decided on the iPod Classic. So far, so good. Thanks to everyone who contributed their two cents.

*I will be 29 in less than two weeks. I am freaked out about this birthday. Not sure why, except that it's the last year of my twenties. Goodness, I'm getting old. It is really hard not to compare where I am in my life versus where I thought I would be.

*Matthew (my baby brother) is moving to Idaho in a week or so to do a DTS with YWAM. From there he will go to India. Rebekah--I tried so hard to get him to go to Australia so you could look out for him. This is a huge transition for him, as he's leaving his job at BP to pursue a new direction. I am proud of him for his decision.

*My college friend, Keira, just lost her father this past Tuesday. She's in Thailand doing mission work but was able to go back to Colorado. My heart hurts for her, and I can't imagine losing my Dad at this age.

Well, that's about all I have for now. I'll try to have some more focused posts in the near future!

3 comments:

melissaj said...

Thanks for the update Steph!!! Hope you have a great 3 day weekend! And who is the date with????

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh... I had an incredibly stressful week and am only just now catching up on the readings. I can't believe all of this! Your grandmother... Matthew is off to Idaho... and Keira? Wow! Miss you, friend. Remember... YOU can call ME now. 715 203 0001

Anonymous said...

PS... About this date...