Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Please don't stop the music

Yes, the title of this post is also the name of an incredibly obnoxious Rhianna song, but it seemed fitting. A couple of weeks ago, my precious little Civic was broken into. The passenger side window was busted and my little mp3 player was gone. Now, I was a little excited about the prospect of shopping for a new mp3 player because my other one had a lot of music on it that I didn't want anymore. And there was some kind of glitch with the software that wouldn't let me take it off, so space for new songs was limited.
So, I am now in the market for a new device. I am about 95% sure that I am going with an Apple this time.
Here are the options:
The iPod Classic







Cost: $249
Pros: Can hold up to 20,000 songs so I would never be short on space
Cons: It is kind of big for running, and that's one of my main uses for it. Has anyone used this while working out? Help!

The Nano








Cost: $199 for 4G
Pros: Compact and great for running...should be enough space since it holds 2,000 songs
Cons: Dollar for dollar, I could get a lot more space with the classic

I think the iPod Touch is pretty cool, but I don't think I need to spend that much money. Also, the thought of having wireless access everywhere I go just makes me think I would never have human-to-human contact again. ha.

So, if anyone is still reading this, please give me your thoughts/opinions/experiences. I am open to other brands as well. I really liked my Sansa player but the thought of syncing up to iTunes just sounds so much easier.

3 comments:

Claire Walker said...

I say go for the classic ipod. I work out with mine all the time and it's great. You can get a nifty arm band or a clip thing that you can clip onto your shorts (that's what Sarah Vierling does). Also, after you swallow the cost of the ipod, you can get a shuffle for running if you want to--Joey and I are currently considering purchasing one.

So, there's my opinion--take it for what it's worth...not much!!!

Also...where was your car when it got broken into? I'm so sorry Steph--that stinks!

melissaj said...

Sad to hear about the break in-I had no idea!...where was your car when it happened?

I have the classic iPod and really enjoy it! I use it to work out but I mostly run on tredmills so I just put it on the machine and if I do run outside then I just hold it. But it is great to have for other things than working out as well...you might of totally already bought something seeing that this is about 2 weeks late!

Anonymous said...

Classic.