Monday, September 22, 2008

bouquets of sharpened pencils

I love when Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are emailing back and forth in "You've Got Mail" and they start talking about all the things they love about fall. That's where my little title comes from. Being a teacher and being as though autumn is my favorite season, I just love the image that those words create.

Fall is officially here, even though it feels nothing like it outside. Here are some things I especially enjoy about this season:
The Pumpkin (including but not limited to Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Creamy Pumpkin Oatmeal, Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin dip, and just plain pumpkin as a side dish...yum) .
Hoodies. Enough Said.
Soup.
Football games.

Awesome running weather.
The FW Turkey Trot.
Knowing that Thanksgiving and the Holidays are right around the corner.
Leaves changing colors

...and I am sure I could think of much, much more.

Now, speaking of "You've Got Mail", I've had a development take place in my life that makes that movie really hit home. No, it's not online dating, but rather, the corporate takeover. My own personal "Shop Around the Corner" aka, The Health and Athletic Center, has been taken over by Lifetime Fitness. I am so sad. I love the HAC because they have a dress code, low rates, and amazing classes. Lifetime is twice the price and they only have two step classes. The family atmosphere at the HAC is what I love and I'm not intmidated by the people who work out there OR by the instructors. So, I guess I will be in the market for a new gym, but nothing really excites me. What a dilemma. Maybe I'll just bust out The FIRM dvd's that I did for years. We'll see.

2 comments:

melissaj said...

I love fall! And that movie!

The Aussie Mommy said...

The firm or Windsor Pilates?! haha.

By the way - have you had pumpkin soup? Its so yummy!