Saturday, September 6, 2008

will i ever learn???

I am not what you would call an impulsive person. Most decisions I make are fairly well thought out and the result of much deliberation. There have been times, however, where I act on a whim. Most of these times involve my hair. Now, those of you very close to me know the hair drama that has ensued over the past three years (thank you thyroid). But this has nothing to do with that.

Last night, I decided that I would get a haircut Saturday morning...just a trim. I had a coupon and my mom had just gotten her hair cut at this same little place. Her hair looked good so I figured it was worth a shot. I mean, all I really wanted was an inch-and-a-half trim. Just enough to clean up the ends. I've been on this new crusade to grow my hair out to where it's past my shoulders when it's curly. Well, let's just say that that dream will not be coming to fruition anytime in the next two years. Apparently, 1.5 inches translated into 3!!! This means that I cannot even get it into a ponytail. I rely so heavily on the ponytail and now I don't know what to do. At least the stylist was enjoying herself during the cut, dancing and singing to every song that played on Mix 102.9. I particularly liked it when she harmonized to "Cuts Like a Knife" by Bryan Adams.
The sad part is that I have had countless impulse haircuts and they always end up the same way--badly. Maybe it's time to find a stylist and develop a relationship with him or her. Someone I can trust. Someone that knows the innermost workings of my follicles. Someone who knows what's best for my crazy, curly hair.

Oh well. At least all of my split ends are gone. *sigh*

2 comments:

melissaj said...

Steph! Sad to hear about your hair experience...I know you still are as hot as ever! It will grow again! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

You are my funniest friend ever. Let's see a picture!!