Sunday, September 28, 2008

wish list

I have been thinking lately of all of the fun things that I can do to make my humble little abode a bit more cozy. Don't get me wrong--I love my house. But, I am starting to think of little house projects that I hope to be able to do within the next year or so.

1. Hardwood Floors
I wish to put something like this in my dining room, living room, and hallway.



















2. Scrape popcorn ceilings
I have grown accustomed to the popcorn, but I would love to get rid of it someday. The popcorn just dates the home.

3. Cover the pink marble fireplace with Faux austin stone. Ah, I have dreamed about this for a long time but can't find anyone who actually knows how to install it!
Here is the only picture of the fireplace now (please ignore my pose and the decorations on the marble)














And here's what I want to cover it with:













So, a girl can dream. I'm not sure how I am going to pay for all of this but it is sure is fun to have a goal to save towards.

4 comments:

Claire Walker said...

ooh ooh! I know what the picture on the hearth is from! You're abode, although already very cozy, would look so cute with a face lift! I can't wait to see it :) Can't wait to see you this weekend!

melissaj said...

You know how much I LOVE the pink marble...but I would have to say that the stone would look really good! And love the dark wood floors!

michelle said...

hey! I haven't stopped by in a while, but here i am! i LOVE the color of the floors and the stone is amazing! I'm right there with you in your ideas. Here's to wishing!
:)

The Aussie Mommy said...

Loves it!