Monday, May 21, 2007

Surprise!

My sweet friend Claire is moving out west in a week. While I’m going to miss her company here in Texas more than she’ll ever know, I’m excited to see what the Lord has for her and these new adventures. But I seriously can’t imagine the last six months without her.

Claire’s roommate, Rachel, and I decided to put a little party together to celebrate her friendship and to let her know how precious she is to all of us. We layed the groundwork to ensure that Claire would be available on Friday night. Then we told a few little fib-lets to keep the element of surprise intact. That was perhaps the most stressful part! But Friday night rolled around, friends came over around 7, the food and decorations were prepared, and we were eagerly awaiting Claire’s arrival. She rang the doorbell, walked in, and was completely surprised! It was great! The whole night was full of laughter, food, ping-pong, and fun. We love you Claire!!!

The entrance...

Surprise!!!
Rachel, Claire, Paula, Rhonda and Hayley
Mac, Hollie, Melissa, Rachel, and Claire Rachel and Claire
Not sure what I'm doing here on the hearth....
Mac, Hollie, and Melissa
My girls and me!

1 comment:

Claire Walker said...

Oh my goodness...seriously you are the greatest! I have never been more surprised in my entire life. I totally don't deserve a friend like you and am going to miss you more than I could express with words! Thank you again so much for my party!

love you!