Monday, May 28, 2007

I'm so excited, and I just can't...

First of all, if you have an image of Jessie Spano's meltdown in your head everytime you hear that song....then we are on the same brainwave. Scary!!

But back to the post...
Today was one of those days where I actually felt grown up. You would think that these moments occur all of the time since I'm in my late twenties, but they don't. So today, I became the proud owner of a lawnmower...woohoo!!! Here it is--
Fun, huh? I took advantage of my Dad being off work today and his ownership of an SUV. We went to Home Depot and checked out the mowers. We decided on this mulching one that was pretty reasonably priced. Then we met a nice employee, Rageena (no, that's not a typo), who showed me how to use the fancy-schmancy gas can. Rageena also suggested that I mow the lawn in a bikini top and shorts so that some "gentleman" will offer to finish the job for me. And yes, my Dad was with me when she suggested this. And yes, it was a tad uncomfortable. My Dad assembled the mower, we put some oil and gasoline in it, and I cranked it up. I can hardly wait to take it on it's maiden voyage tomorrow!!!

Another exciting part of today was that Target now makes running skirts. These have been a newer idea that I first researched last year. The cheapest ones previously ran you about $69. But I stumbled upon these today and they are much more affordable at $19.99. Tomorrow's run is going to be amazing!!!!

And finally, my good friend Anne has started a blog. Yay!!!! She is one of the wisest people that I know, and she has an amazing heart for Jesus. Go visit her (:

Happy Memorial Day!!!!!

2 comments:

melissaj said...

I can't wait to see pics of you in the running skirt!

stephanie said...

Oh, Melissa--you are such a faithful reader! I will try to get a picture soon...very soon (: