Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lead Me to the Cross

Last week's message at church was about remembering the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. We discussed it further at home group and I have been trying to find ways that I can constantly remember.

I know I talk a lot about Hillsong United, but please indulge me once more. (Well, I am sure there will be a post after this weekend's concert so maybe two more times ;)

There is an amazing and powerful song called "Lead Me to the Cross" that just kind of sums up the focus of this past week or so.
Here are the words, but I highly suggest you go and listen to it on iTunes.


Lead Me to the Cross

Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
O Lead me
Lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and tried human
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

1 comment:

Claire Walker said...

Good stuff, Steph!

I was actually just reminded this morning of the awe that is the cross and all that it accomplished.

We, as Christians, need to find ways to be reminded daily of the love that was poured out on the cross.

I love you and will talk soon. We have much to talk about.