Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Psalm 15

I have been reading the Psalms a lot this summer. The Lord just keeps bringing me back to them and I have been so encouraged by David's honesty. And I completely relate to the emotional roller-coaster that he seems to be riding.

One passage in particular has challenged me lately:
Psalm 15
1 Who may worship in your sanctuary, LORD?
Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?
2 Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right,
speaking the truth from sincere hearts.
3 Those who refuse to gossip
or harm their neighbors
or speak evil of their friends.
4 Those who despise flagrant sinners,
and honor the faithful followers of the LORD,
and keep their promises even when it hurts.
5 Those who lend money without charging interest,
and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent.
Such people will stand firm forever.


I have quite a ways to go but what a great picture of holiness. The more we strive to know and love Jesus, the easier these things will be. Seems simple enough, but I always fall short. Jesus, help me to love you more!!

No comments: