Tuesday, March 18, 2008

adventures in spring-breaking...day two

Rain.
That pretty much sums up today. I spent most of my day either getting wet, trying to come up with ways not to get wet, and then drying off when those plans failed.

Tuesday was the first day that I really let myself sleep in. It was fantastic! After I got showered and ready to go, I ran some errands up in Highland Village and then met my mom and dad at Patrizio's. It was my first time there and I really enjoyed it. It was even more wonderful because my Dad picked up the check. Thanks Les! We had a good time talking about everything from Jeremiah Wright all the way to shower curtains. All I have to say is that I am very concerned about the possibility of Barrack Obama leading our country if this is the spiritual leadership that he has been under for the past twenty years: http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZ38N8OUg3Q

Enough about politics. Let's move onto food. I have a new philosophy: if you cook it, they will come. Ever since I bought my house, I have dreamed of having people over and entertaining. Many of my friends are busy, so it is rare that we get a group together to come over. My new little roommate, Corrie, is quite the social butterfly. She is always having friends over so I told her that I would cook dinner for whoever came to the house. I whipped up some of my mom's special rice and breaded chicken. It all turned out pretty well and it was fun to cook a meal that others could enjoy. It is great to hear people laughing and having a good time in your very own home. And I am grateful to be able to sharpen my culinary and domestic skills in the hopes that I will have a household of my own one day. It's a win-win! Thank you Corrie and friends for being such gracious little guinea pigs (:

Let's hope that Wednesday is a little less wet. Yes, that would be nice.

No comments: