Sunday, December 21, 2008

aprons

Lately I have been obsessed with aprons. It started back in the spring when I saw some cute vintage aprons at a craft/antique mall. One of the reasons I have asked Santa for a sewing machine and want to learn how to sew is to be able to make them. I am convinced that people would love to get them for gifts!
So since parents are so hard to buy for, I decided to go with a 'theme' for my mom. (don't worry, they don't read the blog). The theme is "Things that you would not buy for yourself". So, I figured that one of the things I would get her is a fun apron.
I think that Melissa is the one who told me about Anthropologie having some cute ones. Off I went to the Shops at Willow Bend and I found a lot of cute aprons (and picked up a few other little gifts and a couple of plates for myself that were on sale). This is the apron that I bought for her, except that hers is turquoise and green:


Dad is getting the same boring stuff...gifts aren't his love language anyway so he really won't care (:

2 comments:

The Aussie Mommy said...

ooh... i can only hope to receive a shuler apron one day!!

melissaj said...

Yea! I love aprons!! I got my sister one for Christmas from Anthropologie! I can't wait till you start making yours!