Wednesday, December 10, 2008

a good day

Today started off a little rough. Let's just say that it was pretty stinkin' hard to get my butt out of bed. I am sure that I am not the only one who longs for a few extra minutes in the morning so they can snuggle with their significant other blankets.

But, I had to get up. The future of America was counting solely on me to teach them about finding the percent of a number. Oh, what a purpose I had today!!

I threw on my school sweatshirt and jeans, slapped on a paw-print sticker (you have to have this on in order to wear the jeans), and threw my hair in a ponytail. Being comfortable made the whole 'up and at em' thing a little more tolerable.

My first class was fine. They actually understood what I was teaching them...yea! Then we went to lunch and today, our district gave us BONUS checks! I think this is unheard of in the realm of education. We knew it was coming but what great timing. So, I was very happy to receive this 'gas stipend' and even happier when I realized that only $7.95 had been taken out of it for medicare. Woo-hoo!!!

Despite getting nauseated and throwing up during my 4th period class (this has happened 3 times this year in this particular class--weird), the rest of the day was great.

When I got home I found more money waiting for me: my rebate gift card from Walgreen's and a $125 check in return for attending a summer teaching conference. Good stuff...

To top off a great day, Melissa and Hillary came over to make some Christmas cookies. It's always good times with these girls. Their friendship has blessed my life so much and it's so great to have friends who *know* you, junk and all.

Sadly, the cookies were not near as cute as we had hoped. (See pictures below). Apparently we did not flatten the dough enough. Guess I need to put "rolling pin" on my Christmas list.

All that to say, things are looking up. I'm thankful for the little monetary surprises and for fabulous friends (even when i find out they have a secret pre-marital book club--just kidding, girls)

Here are some pics...enjoy!!!

My cookie and me. The red dots are ornaments--don't judge me, people!
Hillary and her 'special' star
Melissa and me making frosting--check out that mixer in action!!
Melissa getting excited about our baked goods...apparently she hadn't looked at them closely yet
Bonus points if you can guess what shapes these are supposed to be!!!
Melissa and her new friend

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilariously good times - as always! I can't wait until our next adventure.

melissaj said...

Such a fun night!!!

michelle said...

super cute cookies. And by the way, I desire to snooze and keep my butt in bed to SLEEP too (not just to snuggle!) That sleeping in plan never works with three kiddos and a 15 month old that knocks on the door at 7am every morning (well, she doesn't knock. her dad does). haha
sleep in, my friend. sleep in.

The Aussie Mommy said...

the act of marriage perhaps?

stephanie said...

oh rebekah,
always there with the inappropriate comment (:
love you heaps, friend!!!