Thursday, January 1, 2009

here's to a new year

I don't have a lot that I want to blog about right now, but I thought I should start off the new year with a fresh post. This is just going to be random, but then again, I'm pretty random.

**I did get a sewing machine for Christmas and it's so cool. Now I have to learn how to make something!

**I am still sore from a weight-lifting class I took at the gym on Monday...what the heck?!?!?

**Allison came for a visit this past weekend and it was so fun! We made our annual trip to Starbucks, went shopping, ate at Blue Goose, and went to Pete's Piano Bar. Oh, and she introduced me to this cool website: http://frugal-fashionistas.com/

**I bought leggings. We'll see if I have the courage to ever wear them.

**Went to coffee and to the movies with Hollie O today. Bawled like a baby during "Marley and Me".

**I redecorated a wall in my room. Scrapbook paper is the best stuff ever!

**My Aunt Gina gave me an apron for Christmas...she had no idea about my recent fascination with them.

**I am having a sleepover with Emily and her 4 kiddos tomorrow night...fun!

**Tis the season for engagements. Congratulations to Melissa, Hillary and Brooke!

**I basically accomplished nothing on my Christmas-Break 'To-Do' list.

I am hopeful that this new year will bring a lot of great things. I hope for this every year, and great things do happen. But it's just not usually the things that I specifically hope or pray for at the beginning of each year. With all of that said, I am looking forward to a wonderful 2009 (:

1 comment:

The Aussie Mommy said...

i got a mini sewing machine! it totally works but is a bit of a joke. at least i can hem pants and stuff. so fun!