Saturday, January 24, 2009

Aprons, aprons, and more aprons!!

Hello friends! Yes, it's 11 pm on Saturday night and I am home blogging. Fear not--I am not becoming an agoraphobic spinster. Although, Paula Deen was agoraphobic for several years and she turned out okay. But I digress....I do have social plans tomorrow afternoon--a movie and dinner--with a boy. So there *grin*
I spent a good chunk of the day making aprons!!! I just love them. And I find sewing and the act of creating something practical so therapeutic. Here is a picture of my very first apron, modeled by the lovely Melissa:

Today, I found this super-cute Amy Butler fabric at a store in Lewisville.
I couldn't believe it--it is perfect for that 'vintage' look! I ended up making an apron out of it and I think I'll keep it for myself (: BUT, I made two more that were also cute so maybe I'll have a giveaway soon.

That's all for today. "Beauty Shop" just came on E! so I might just watch that for a while. I love that Queen Latifah and how she rocks her plus-size body with confidence!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

4 comments:

Tara said...

So I am expecting full details about your dinner and movie with a boy!! Is it already Sunday night???? Blah...oh well, see ya tomorrow! Oh and I can't wait to see more aprons!!

Dawn said...

Awesome job on the apron! And the paisley makes it all the better!

Brooke said...

steph, these are TOOO cute!! i love them! great job!

Andrea said...

I LOVE the apron and the beautiful model!!! Can't wait for you to get your business started! :) Sorry...I'm just now catching up on your blog. I had tons of fun tonight!