Saturday, January 17, 2009

a little bit of this...a little bit of that

Yesterday was such a fun day. We didn't have to go to school, so that was the best part! Who would have thought that I would need another break so soon after Christmas? Well, I did (:

I popped right out of bed at 6 on my very own. As much as I wanted to stay in bed, I couldn't get back to sleep. So I worked out, got ready, and started out the day by running some errands. Most of the errands that I had to run were returning items. I HATE to return stuff. Mostly because the sales people kind of suspect that you have been less than honest about why you're returning things. As much as I hate returning things, I hate trying things on even more. Hence, the need to return.

Then I headed over to my mom's and we had a sewing day. ell, I basically just watched her teach me some basics about cutting out patterns, pinning, stitching, etc. It was a fun time with my mom. I do feel badly that I am just now becoming the little girl that she probably always wanted. I was a tomboy through and through and wanted nothing to do with dolls, crafts, sewing, etc. No that I'm almost 30, I am interested in this stuff!! Sorry Mom!

While I was with my mom, my dad called and wanted to take us out to dinner. Yesterday would have been my grandmother's 78th birthday and this is the first birthday since she passed away. So, we tried out a new restaurant in Flo Mo called Agave. It is owned by Tony Casillas, who some of you may remember from the Cowboys' glory days when they would win Super Bowls and stuff. The funniest moment of the night was while we were waiting, my mom and I walked over to Hobby Lobby to pick something up. When we returned, my dad said that they were handing out free margaritas because they don't have their liquor license yet and that I should get one because he was driving. Some of you don't know my parents but this was shocking! My parents have never had anything to drink and for them to suggest that I have one is unbelievable. I mean, I still can't get over it. So, I drank my free beverage with my parents and it was great! I feel like the door might be opening to tell them about a few other little things that I am not ashamed of but have been afraid to share. Anyway, the food was great and it was a fun night.

Today I am running a few more errands and am going to work on a sewing project that I will hopefully be able to post soon if it turns out as it should (:

1 comment:

michelle said...

Welcome back! I know what a huge milestone that is to have a drink with your parents. Don't overload them with more info too soon! haha. Give them some time to settle into the drinking thing, then spring on the other things you've been "afraid" to share! Glad you had a good day off. Our kids don't get ANY days off because we're making up days from IKE. Stinks