Tuesday, February 24, 2009

7 things do to before I turn 30

One of my friends and former roommates, Claire, told me about this list she had made with 30 things to accomplish before she turns 30. When Claire told me about this, she was 23. I was 28. Darn it. I loved the idea but felt like it was too late to make a list of 30 things with less than two years to do it. Fast forward about 18 months. 30 is almost a mere six months away. Whoa. It's definitely not happening now.

Well, I was watching a Lifetime movie (shocking, I know) a couple of weeks ago called "7 Things to do Before I Turn 30". Now, the girl had made the list when she was in high school, but I thought that I could adapt it so that I could list 7 specific things to achieve in the next six months.

Here's the List:

1. Start an Etsy store. I would love to figure out a way to combine my new love of sewing and crafts with a way to make some extra money.

2. Learn how to serve a tennis ball. I took lessons for a few years but I've always had trouble serving. I am going to take some lessons and maybe even join a league or something. Tennis was such a fun part of my childhood and I didn't realize the other day how much I missed it!!

3. Take the GRE and start applying to grad school.

4. Run a 5k in 24 minutes or less.

5. Skydive.

6. Finally redo my fireplace!!!

7. Purchase a Roth IRA


I am bound and determined to cross all of these off of the list by Sept. 12 (:

3 comments:

Dawn said...

You should get with Evans on the skydiving thing! She always talks about doing it! Me personaly...you two are nuts! ;)

Tara said...

And I'll be your first Etsy customer!! I love Etsy!!

michelle said...

Oh, you'll be great with Etsy! I want to sell something on Etsy, but I dont really make anything. ha. What are you wanting to go back to school for?