Tuesday, February 17, 2009

help!!

Is anyone watching "The Bachelor" this season? I shamefully admit that I have been sucked into this particular dark, dysfunctional, unrealistic-reality show. I actually care who stupid Jason chooses to be his wife in the "Most dramatic rose ceremony in 'Bachelor' history!" But friends, that is not why I need your help.

I am in a rut. A funk. Call it what you will, but I need to get out of it and start having some fun!!!

The reason I started this blog with a reference to the most ridiculous reality show ever was because last night, Jason 'The Bachelor' got rid of Jillian. I grew to like Jillian because I thought she was a fun girl who knew how to have fun while waiting for the next phase in your life. Additionally, the name 'Jillian' is on my girl-baby-name list(: But I digress. I basically need some ideas for fun things to do that will get me out of the house and allow me to meet some new people...and perhaps a new gentleman caller--haha. Sorry, I love Jane Austen so I had to work that term in there. But seriously, if I want to be living it up while I have the chance!!

My hobbies currently consist of running, sewing, reading, crafting, watching "Reba" (shout out to Tara and Claire), cooking, sleeping, and eating. If you notice the list, it is difficult to work these into social events outside of the 60-80 year old woman circle. When I was growing up, my main interests were sports. I tried the co-ed flag football league and the co-ed basketball league last year and had an okay time. I guess I need some new grown-up interests. It's difficult to get plugged in at church ever since my small group parted ways, but I don't think a new church is the answer (although I daydream about Sunday School classes and a Singles' ministry). My job is kind of limiting as far as meeting new people.

I hope this blog doesn't come across as desperate...because I'm not. But I just need to tap into some other minds because the creative ideas are eluding me. I'm open for suggestions and trying new things. I've thought of helping with Habitat for Humanity, Special Olympics and things like that. Has anyone had experiences with those?

I would love to have some fun adventures to enrich my life. Any ideas are most welcome (:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Friday and Saturday nights are really fun at the Crooktree Coffeehouse in Dallas. My friend is the owner and it is a great place to relax, meet people, and just chill. Also you should save up your money and travel. A cool place to go is Hershey, PA. You could totally volunteer your time during the summer at the Hershey Orphanage. Pretty "sweet" place! Maybe you could get involved in a Mult-Gen group at the Village or call up an old friend and totally surprise them. :) Have fun!

Anonymous said...

oops I meant to say Crookedtree Coffeehouse. :)

Tara said...

Hey girl...I'm right with you on the Bachelor as you know from our lunch dates!! We are all allowed a guilty pleasure!!

And I do love Reba!!