Sunday, February 8, 2009

jumping on the bandwagon

You've seen this all over Facebook, but I thought I would just do it on my blog. This way, I don't have to tag anyone. Pretty sure everyone has personally been tagged about 15 times each. So, Hillary, since you were the first one to tag me, this is for you!

1. I love drinks...coffee, tea, diet drinks, etc.
2. I probably cried about my super-curly hair daily from the age of 13-17. Not
even exaggerating there. Now, I sometimes cry about it for other reasons...
3. I don't think I come across as very maternal or nurturing, but all I want to be in life is a wife and mommy.
4. I love to watch cheesy Lifetime movies while working on other stuff around the house. Shoot, I love to watch just about anything on Lifetime...esp. 'Reba'.
5. I have always had three or four really close friends through most stages of my life. My theory is quality over quantity, which means I've never been popular.
6. I have a crazy memory for trivial things. My dream is to be on Jeopardy one day so I don't feel like reading all of those History books and 'People' magazines wasn't done in vain. I also remember people's names, where I met them, where I was when certain conversations were had, etc. It's borderline stalker-ish. It also makes me frustrated when people don't remember meeting me.
7. I was obsessed with Pete Sampras for about 8 years. I would hang his "Got Milk" ads in my locker at school, in my room at home and other places. I would watch him play tennis whenever I got the chance. I even wrote him a couple of letters when I was in 8th grade.
8. If i eat a bagel, I have to peel the outside 'crust' layer off first. Weird.
9. I played the violin for 5 years and took piano lessons for 6. I regret quitting both of those.
10. I have run a marathon and 5 half-marathons.
11. If I can't check my email several times a day I start to feel cut off from the world. Usually, I have nothing interesting in my inbox.
12. I want to live in the mountains someday.
13. I would like to have 3-4 kids.
14. I love cottage cheese and could eat it at least twice a day.
15. As much as I love cottage cheese and dairy, I am really interested in the vegan lifestyle.
16. My parents threw me a "Double-Dare" themed birthday party for my ninth b-day, complete with physical challenges and an obstacle course. It was AWESOME!!
17. I get uncomfortable when people ask me where I went to college.
18. My favorite movie is "Meet Joe Black".
19. I could read books when I was 4. Thanks, Mom!
20. I've never liked dolls or girly things, however, my bedroom growing up was full of Madame Alexander dolls and handmade porcelain ones that my grandmother made.
21. I need a lot of alone time or I start to feel stifled. It would be easy for me to become a hermit.
22. I've worked at Putt-Putt, Target, Cheddar's and a whitewater rafting shop. If I could make a living working at Rapid Transit Rafting, then I would do it in a heartbeat.
23. I hate looking in mirrors and avoid them after I have gotten ready for the day.
24. I like to drive a stick and don't enjoy automatic transmissions because my right hand doesn't know what to do.
25. I was also the antithesis of a procrastinator until a few years ago. I was the girl who would be done with her term papers at the end of the first week of each semester. Something has seriously changed, though. I don't like it....makes me feel out of control.




1 comment:

melissaj said...

I really thought your crush on Craig T. Nelson would have made this list!