Monday, June 25, 2007

Let's Make Friends!

This was the theme of Barbie Camp today. I hate that I dreaded it so much because it really was kind of fun. Part of my fear was that these kids were from Highland Park. And let's face it--their parents could probably BUY Mattel.
But these little girls are all going into kindergarten next year and are all so cute and polite...a welcomed change from my usual 8th graders. I will get some pictures of these cuties... I just want to eat them up!

Tomorrow is 'Tea Party' day and they are all very excited about dressing up...so it will be fun. Personally, I am looking forward to Friday. No, not because it will be the last day, but because we're going to have a "slumber party". We are all wearing pajamas!!

I think that I need to spend less time dreading things in life and just embrace living in each moment. It makes life so much more enjoyable when you realize that all you have to focus on is the exact moment that you're currently in. Jim Elliot said it best: "Wherever you are, be all there".

2 comments:

Chris said...

see steph, camp is fun! little did you know....

stephanie said...

Chris--Thanks for the comments (:
Yes, we are having so much fun. Who knew???

I think you need to start a blog!!!