Saturday, June 23, 2007

Life in plastic, it's fantastic

Oh Barbie....
I have never liked her.
She was only something I occasionally received as a gift. I would promptly cut her hair.
Then I would play with my brother's Hotwheels, or kick the soccer ball, or something else. Anything but Barbie.

Well, ironically, I will be spending a lot of time next week with Barbie. Somehow I got talked into working 3 weeks worth of Barbie camps again this summer. I originally agreed to do it because I had my eye on a new car. But now that I am roommate-less, I'm just doing it to have a little something extra to put away. So, no fun purchases will come from Barbie earnings. But that's okay. It will keep me from watching 3 hours of "Reba" a day..which is totally possible if you have Lifetime and the CW.

So if you want to see some Oscar-worthy acting, come to Highland Park next week and watch me pretend to care about Barbie.

And before you think I have a hatred of all dolls, it's really pretty Barbie-specific. Barbie represents an image of perfection that has been proven humanly impossible. If a real woman were to have Barbie's proportions (in ratio to human measurements) she would have to walk on all fours in order to move.
BUT....human perfection is possible. Here is a doll that I know Claire and Anne will both appreciate.
Now a Bon Jovi camp...that is something I would gladly teach (:

1 comment:

Chris said...

amazing that you quoted barbie girl...of course now that song is stuck in my head!

makes the most out of loving on those girls!