Monday, June 25, 2007

Oy Vey!

I don't know if you can tell from this angle, but something is missing from Marco. Can you guess what it is??????

If you guessed that Marco is collar-less...then you are correct! Here is what's left of his leather collar:
When I came home tonight and let Marco out of his crate, he ran out and there was no noise from his little tags. He had chewed his collar off! Now, this is shocking for your average dog. But it's even more impressive because Marco has about 4 teeth left. That's not an exaggeration. So as frustrated as I am that he has chewed through his 2nd collar, I am more in awe of his perseverance and sheer determination to be free. I can only imagine that this drive comes from his time at the puppy mill where he had to live amongst 120 other dogs.

It's a good thing that he is so cute, sweet, and snuggly because here's what he's destroyed in his 2.5 years with me:
2 harnesses
2 collars
2 leashes
1 comforter (i would like to add that he was crated in my bathroom, dragged himself about 10 feet into my bedroom by body-slamming himself against the crate, pulled the comforter through the cage, and gnawed on it for hours)

Anyway, adopting Marco after his 5 years at a puppy mill was really one of the best decisions I've ever made. He is a constant source of joy for me and it's great to come home to something that is happy to see you. However, I would really appreciate it if he would stop going into pre-rescue-survival-of-the-fittest mode.

1 comment:

hollie-o said...

Ahh sweet Marco - I love those latin men!