Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What are you doing with your summer?

This is a question that I get almost daily. And everytime I hear it, I cringe a little bit. Is it because it's offensive or intrusive? Not at all. Is it because it's an annoying question? Nope.

Perhaps the reason that I find myself dodging this is due to the fact that I don't feel like I have a good answer. The best thing I can say is that I'm consistently working out and that I'll be working 3 weeks worth of Barbie camps (don't ask...it's as bad as it sounds).
It has always been hard for me to relax because in my mind, there is always something else that needs to be taken care of. I think deep down I don't feel worthy of a vacation, therefore I am not being a good steward of the time off. But, maybe I just chose my profession very wisely and should embrace the hiatus from middle-schoolers.

Either way, I know there are things that I can be doing that are much more productive than spending my mornings watching "The Golden Girls" followed by "The Biggest Loser".
I am open to suggestions (:

1 comment:

hollie-o said...

Come to Cancun with us!!!!