Wednesday, November 12, 2008

ice, ice baby

If you were looking forward to a post dedicated to Robert van Winkle, aka "Vanilla Ice", then I am sorry to disappoint. Instead, this is a post dedicated to all things Iceland.

What do you think of when someone mentions Iceland???

Do you think of Bjork...and this infamous dress????


Do you think of how the country is going bankrupt???
http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/10/09/business/icebank.php


Or do you think of really nothing at all????


Well, let me tell you about my favorite Icelandic thing: Sigur Ros.


I first heard this group about 3 years ago and liked it just fine but was in a different musical "phase" of my life. Lately, I have rediscovered these musicians from Iceland and it's all want to play on my iPod to and from work. Some of my favorites are 'Glosoli', 'Andvari', and 'Fljotavik'. It's a little different...but check it out (:

No comments: