Monday, November 10, 2008

weekend update

Happy Monday! I don't really have that much to write about but thought I would document this past weekend. As most of you know, I like to keep things low key and rest. I was still able to do that, however, I also enjoyed hanging out with some friends.
Friday night, Hollie came over and we enjoyed some pizza, conversation about dumb boys, and perhaps an adult beverage was drunk (: It was good to catch up!

Saturday morning, I grabbed a pumpkin spice latte, drove to Hillary's apartment, and hopped in the backseat of Marty's car with Melissa. Melissa and I went to cheer on the happy couple as they did the Mud Run. Races usually inspire me and make me want to join in. Well, not this one. Those two crazy kids ran a 10k in camo pants and combat boots. AND, they had to do all of these crazy obstacles along the way. I wish I had an 'after' picture, but here is a before of Hill and her two biggest fans:

** *note to self--Must work on posture***
The weather Saturday was beautiful and I enjoyed being outside and watching the race. I was also motivated to get super-serious about diet and exercise after seeing the most incredibly flat, cut abs on one of the female winners. I work out a lot and am a fairly good eater, but I could do sooo much better. So, my new sole purpose in life is to get a six pack...ha.

The rest of the weekend was spent sleeping in, talking with my brother who won't be home for Christmas (*tear*), getting some great buys at Bath and Body, going to church, and planning out my Christmas gifts. I have decided this year to make all of my gifts. My brother laughed when I told him this and asked if I was going to be decorating orange juice cans with popsicle sticks. Very funny, Matthew. Just to clear things up, I purchased this Martha Stewart magazine that is all about Christmas crafts and can't wait to get going. Some girls from work are wanting to join in the fun and have a craft party...all of you CVMS peeps are invited ;)

Well, that's all I've got. I have decided that it is going to be a great week and I'm loving this rain right now...just hope my little hail-damaged roof can hang in there (:

2 comments:

melissaj said...

It was a fun Saturday! Glad we were spectators and not participates! :)

Anonymous said...

hahhahahaha... that posture comment cracked me up!