Tuesday, November 18, 2008

say what?!?!?!?

Dear Random Expectant Mother from the Tom Thumb parking lot,

When I left my humble abode to head to the grocery store, I was on a mission: to get a South Beach Diet Pizza and ranch dressing. I had no malicious intentions on prohibiting you from 'pulling through' into a parking space. I simply chose a space that was available and somewhat near the entrance. It was purely coincedental that you also chose a space that was directly across from mine. Although I am sure that being a working, pregnant lady is exhausting, I don't think that yelling at me in a public parking lot was necessary. As you pointed out, I am sure that it is difficult to back up in a Suburban, hence your desire to 'pull through'. And yes, I do drive a "tiny little clown car" so I cannot fully relate to the challenges that you face in that area (but thank goodness for car mirrors). And no, as you also pointed out, I am not familiar with the ins and outs of pregnancy. However, I would like to remind you that Tom Thumb even has special spots designated especially for you expectant mothers.
Thank you for attempting to publicly embarrass me at my neighborhood store tonight. You might enjoy knowing that I enjoyed every bite of my pizza tonight despite said 'incident'.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Shuler

5 comments:

Dawn said...

You are hilarious! Maybe she hasn't seen Fried Green Tomatoes...next time(hopefully there won't be a next time, but IF there is) just give her a taste of Tawanda!!

Tara said...

Love the new background!!

melissaj said...

Wow...sorry Steph about the incident...so harsh! I guess she was just having some uncontrollable craving for some pickles and ice cream and she took it out on you! Not cool. Crazy.

Claire Walker said...

Absolutely hilarious! I am so sorry you had to deal with that--but a great story indeed! We'll miss you this weekend.

Here's Tawanda!!!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahhahahha. That is one of the funniest things I've ever read!