Thursday, November 20, 2008

music that gets me in the mood....

...for Christmas, that is (:

With the holidays approaching, I can't help but think about some of my favorite Christmas music. So, here they are in no particular order.

1. Amy Grant
I love "Tennessee Christmas" and the later release, "Home for Christmas". Both are great and hold so many special memories. Does anyone else remember the Amy Grant Christmas specials on TV?!?!?! One year, she had 98 Degrees on there....way before the days of 'Newlyweds' (:

2. The Carpenters
The life of Karen Carpenter ended so tragically. However, my family LOVES The Carpenters "Christmas Portrait" CD. It is ah-mazing!! I always felt a connection with Karen because she has such a rich, alto voice. Oh, it's just awesome and a true classic...check it out!

3. Steve Tyrell
Ok. I first heard Steve's version of "The Way You look Tonight" on 'Father of the Bride'. But, it wasn't until I was on a college field trip to a Civil War battle field in Arkansas (yes, you read that correctly) that I heard Steve's stuff for the first time. Now, the CD "A New Standard" is not Christmas music. BUT---I have always dreamed of dancing with that 'special someone' around the Christmas tree while listening to these old, classic songs.

So, those are some of my favorites...please feel free to share some of yours!!!

2 comments:

michelle said...

Amy Grant!? Aw, come on Steph! ha

melissaj said...

I love Amy Grant's Christmas stuff...such good old school!!! Have you heard Mercy Me's 2005Christmas album?...it is one of my favs. And James Taylor has a good Christmas CD but I just love JT. And I love A Charlie Brown Christmas by Vince Guaraldi Trio-great to play as background music during Christmas get togethers!!!