Thursday, November 20, 2008

thursday thanks

This edition of 'thursday thanks' is going to be pertaining to Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving...it's my favorite holiday by far. So, here are three things that I love about the fourth thursday in November (:

1. Fried Turkey
Well, I'm a little bummed because my dad told me the other day that peanut oil was about $50 a vat. So, we're not having the fried turkey this year. I am sad about it but am hopeful that Dad will be back with the fryer next year in all of his glory.

2. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
I love this movie and I love watching it with my family. Yes, it is irreverent at times. But, we always watch the edited version. No one can deny how utterly hilarious this movie is. Not even my sweet little mom who shakes her head at us when we watch it but laughs through the whole thing (:

3. Family
What can I say...I love my immediate family! My Dad is so incredibly witty that it brings it out in the rest of us. And my sweet, amazing little brother will be home before he heads out to India for the next 2.5 months. And my mom. She is such a wonderful example of a gody wife who loves to serve her family. I love how whenever she emails me, she signs it "love you forever, Mom". What a great family I have!!

p.s. I am also thankful that my friend, Emily, started a blog. She is a dear friend from high school and has 4 adorable children. I want to be just like her when i grow up (:

2 comments:

Brooke said...

yay! this makes me even MORE excited about thanksgiving!! :)

Matt and Emily said...

Awww! There is a tear glistening in my eye! We must get together. Have you already picked up stuff for the turkey trot. Are you running it?

You're the best!!!!