Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday Thanks

Well, tis the season to start thinking about my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving. I love everything about it: the weather, the food, family, football, and reflecting on my many blessings. So, I decided that every Thursday I will blog about 3 people/events/things I am thankful for. It is so easy for me to focus on what I don't have so I want to focus on how great my life really is so I don't take anything for granted.
So, here goes!!!

1. Melissa and Hillary
These girls are so special to me. I have always had a small group of close friends at a time rather than a bunch of people I know on a surface level. Both of these girls are amazing and I look forward to our *almost* weekly meetings. These girls challenge me, make me laugh, and are completely transparent....I love you girls! JJ and Marty are lucky guys ;)

2. Running
I am so thankful for the ability to run AND that I enjoy it. I love the clarity that I get when I run. This is what keeps me going when I want to give up or am tired. Earlier in the school year, I went to a cross country meet and saw a guy there who was watching on the sidelines. He was a double amputee and was confined to his wheelchair. While he seemed to have a great attitude, I couldn't help but think that he'd probably give anything to be able to move like those kids were.

3. Fall
I just love this season. I have documented it here, here, and here.


Stay tuned for next week's edition!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're so sweet! I am thankful for YOU! Love ya :)

melissaj said...

Steph, I am so thankful for you too! I love that you are in my life! You're the greatest.

michelle said...

such a great idea. I look forward to reading your future thursday blogs!